Friday 27 March 2015

Mystery solved...

This week I found loads of these weird plants everywhere on the allotment.

So I did what you're supposed to do in these situations and I posted it on Facebook... After a load of interesting ideas from peas, to old crops, to a devastating weed that could kill our crops! But it was Law who realised that what it was was the shooting plum pips from our trees! As when we go the allotment, we only caught the end of the season and a load of plumbs fell... I didn't imagine this would happen, but if you pull the shoots out ever so gently you see a small plum, pip shell at the base... Mystery solved...

Thank god! I did think for a moment of leaving them in and having a mini plum orchard... But no...

Everything is carrying on tickaty boo at the moment... Not much else to say...  Apart from the pre seeded (In Laws lean to) are in and my radishes look fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment