Saturday 21 February 2015

Before...


Now I am not a gardener and if you told me five years ago that I would, not only have my own allotment, but would be knee deep in mud and fertiliser, I would have laughed in your face, but here I am! My love affair with soil and vegtables only went as far as the organic isle in Sainsbury's and as far as digging and weeding, I was far more used to digging through racks of sale items in Primark and weeding out the crap in my makeup bag... But here I am, I have weeded, I have dug, I have sewn seeds and by jingo I have made things grow!

How it all started...
This was what it looked like on the first day...
The first thing we did was to raid the shed we'd been allotted and the garden box that they had left, and my god! There was loads of stuff in there! Pretty much everything needed to start... Forks and spades, plant food and slug killer! 
Plus we discovered a patch of strawberries and a raspberry bush! Also an apple tree and two plum trees... 
Sweet!



Then I started digging, this takes a long time and breaks your freakin' back, but if you take a radio and something to drink then time slips by quite quickly... But don't expect to get too much done too quickly... You won't!






But eventually we got it cleared.... And we could start planting...








And so we did... Sadly I got the allotment a bit late in the season, so our crop was not good... This is why I'm starting my blog now, at the start of the new season. So ignore all this. 























And then we got chickens...


No comments:

Post a Comment