Sunday 22 February 2015

The Players:

I'm Charlotte, i'm in my 40s... That's as close as you're going to get to knowing. 
Allotment experience; none. 
Enthusiasm; lots
I have one daughter, Lili. She was the reason I applied for a plot, as she had spent the day at a friends and had got really excited and urged me to apply for one, promising to be my right hand girl... But unfortunately the plot wasn't offered to me until two years later and now as teenage-hood looms, she gets bored very quickly and days at the allotment with her are accompanied by the faint Ching Ching Ching of her iPod and "I'm tired... Can I see if [insert name] can come?...  She does however love the chickens and is happy to help with them... I say help, she doesn't feed them, or clean them out, but she is very good at cuddling and looking for eggs.
Husband: Rod, not Rob... He helps occasionally with the chickens and heavy lifting, but neither of the husbands are particularly relevant in this story. 

Laura, my age... 
Allotment experience; a lot more than me! 
I asked her to join me for her knowledge and expertise...
Daughter, Faye, younger than Lili and if it comes to digging, very enthusiastic, but unfortunately gets bored just as easily... 
Husband: Steve... See Rod... 


The chickens: 

Mrs Merryfeather: The top dog of the coop, a bit of a bitch if the truth be known. She will always be the first out, always the first to the feed, bosses the others around and she is the only one who pecks my boots. 


Professor Marshmallow: The sweetheart, she is the one that gets most of the cuddles. She is sweet natured and pretty as a chicken can be, if there was a prize for the sweetest chicken, she would win. 


And Brownie: Poor timid little Brownie, she was the sole survivor of a fox attack... Twice! And Merryfeather knows this... Poor Brownie. 

But they all seem happy, no feathers been ripped out or malicious pecking and the eggs... Oh the eggs are as yellow and as tasty as anything Cadbury's can produce!

Supporting cast:


Batman: Now my sweet daughter is under the illusion that there is only one, so for the purpose of this blog there is... I am not daft however, I am well aware that there is more than one Robin that visits our allotment, but let's just pretend eh? 
By the way, if anyone has been told the guff that a Robin seen in a garden means that a loved one is watching over you.... Come on?! Come on?! My late father’s name was Robin and I don't even believe it! A Robin appears when you’re gardening for one reason and one reason only... Worms.... They come for worms... It is a nice thought, but come on!!! 

There are also various characters, allotment neighbours who give us invaluable tips and advice; 
Dave; he talks a lot and keeps apologising for it, but his advice is brilliant and his leeks are huge! (This is not an innuendo)
Rachel; she is on the other side of us, a sweet lady who is having trouble because of her shoulder, I would love to help, but our plot, together with my job and family gives me little or no day time free, let alone to dig another persons garden. I do feel guilty though...

There are many others, but these are our main cast.

So these are our players and this is our play...

No comments:

Post a Comment